Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
BAGELS (makes 4)
|180g||oat flour (2 cups) + 20g for kneading (2 tbsp)|
|16g||corn starch / tapioca flour (2 tbsp)|
|1||tsp baking powder|
|Pinch of salt|
|180ml||warm water (3/4 cup)|
|70g||vegan yoghurt / coconut cream (thick white part only) (1/4 cup)|
|pumpkin seeds etc|
|1||tbsp agave syrup|
|2||tbsp chia seeds|
|Any smooth peanut butter|
Homemade V GF 5 ingredient bagels. Super easy to whip up, no yeast ~ no time for rising! These taste just like normal bagels, chewy, soft, with a little oaty flavour. Delicious straight out of the oven warm, or toasted the next day for breakfast with raspberry jam and peanut butter!
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, tapioca powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add in the water and dairy free yogurt, and mix until the dough forms. If it’s still too sticky, you can add in the additional oat flour (20g)
- Divide the dough into 4 even balls and press your thumb through the middle of each ball to create a hole.
- Use a spatula or large spoon with holes to carefully transfer one bagel into the boiling water pan. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, then transfer back to the parchment paper. They'll float at 1 1/2 minutes so you'll know to turn.
- Once all bagels have been boiled and transferred to the baking sheet, sprinkle with seeds and bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of the bagels are lightly golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Toast and serve with our raspberry jam and peanut butter !
- For the jam, heat the raspberries in a pan on low-medium heat until soft, crush with a fork, add in the agave syrup and chia seeds. Stir with the cooker off, and leave for 10-15 minutes to set and thicken.