Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|120ml||milk (1/2 cup)|
|35g||coconut oil (1/6 cup) OR 65g nut/seed butter (1/4 cup)|
|50g||coconut sugar (1/3 cup)|
|3/4||tbsp lemon juice|
|120g||oat flour (1 cup)|
|30g||corn starch (1/4 cup)|
|1/2||tsp baking powder|
|1/4||tsp baking soda|
|Pinch of salt|
|100g||agave or maple syrup|
|6||tbsp peanut butter (or cashew / almond butter)|
|100g||frozen or fresh raspberries|
|2||tbsp agave syrup|
|2||tbsp chia seeds|
Banana bread is SO LOCKDOWN 1.0. Midweek PICK ME UP = These soft and fluffy banoffee jam cakes with a cup of oat milk chai. If you find yourself with a free lockdown evening, try these guys out, they are banoffee heaven! 🍌
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl and stir in the plant milk and lemon juice.
- Mix together the remaining cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then pour the wet mixture in and combine until smooth.
- Pour into 6 cupcake moulds, in a muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes until just golden.
- For the raspberry chia jam - heat 100g of raspberries and 2 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup) and use a fork to crush until softened. Add in 2 tbsp of chia seeds and leave for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Once cool, make a hole in the middle of each cupcake with a knif and use a piping bag to fill each.
- For the frosting, blend the ingredients in a food processor or handheld whisk and pipe onto each cupcake once cool.