Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|2.5||glasses of boiling water|
|3-4||tbsp loose leaf black tea or 6 teabag|
|2.5||glasses of plant milk (I love using oat milk or coconut milk, but soya and almond work)|
|1||tbsp maple syrup (optional) ⠀|
|1/2||tsp ginger (powder or fresh)|
|1/3||tsp black pepper|
|1||inch cinnamon stick|
Starting the week with a glass half full ☕ Actually, fill it right up to the top.
- Add the loose leaf tea and hot water to a saucepan and bring to a boil (~3 minutes)
- Meanwhile, Grind the masala ingredients: cardamom, cloves, ginger, black pepper and cinnamon in a blender into a powder
- Add into the boiling tea, stir, and pour in 2.5 glasses of plant milk
- Continue to heat until the tea bubbles and begins to froth slightly at the top (~3 minutes) . Once this happens, the chai is ready!
- If you like it sweet, add a little maple! Now here's a surprisingly delicious tip, try dunking your toast (with a little coconut oil spread) into the chai. It's delicious! ⠀⠀