Prep Time5 Minutes
Cook Time0 Minutes
Total Time5 Minutes
|0.25||tsp turmeric (optional)|
HAVE YOU TRIED MY CUSTARD TARTS YET?! AN OATY CRUMBLE TART, LAYERED WITH A THICK CREAMY CUSTARD FILLING, TOPPED WITH PISTACHIOS AND COCONUT FLAKES 😋 OPTIONS TO BAKE OR EAT IT RAW.
- Starting with the custard, heat up the corn starch, coconut sugar and plant milk at medium to high heat and stir continuously so that there are no lumps
- Add the coconut milk and mix in
- Keep stirring until you get a custard like consistency (use a whisk if necessary to remove any lumps)
- Add in the turmeric, mix in and remove from heat, allow to cool
- For the base, melt the coconut oil and mix together the base ingredients until a dough forms
- Split the dough into 6 balls and press into 6 muffin moulds. Freeze for 10 minutes to solidify
- Spoon the custard mixture equally into the 6 moulds
- Decorate with toppings of your choice. I drizzled mine in nut butter.
- Serve raw or bake in the oven at 180 c for 12-15 minutes (preheat for 20 minutes prior to baking)