Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|220g||oat flour (2 cups)|
|60g||agave, maple or date syrup (1/6 cup or 45ml)|
|60g||coconut oil (1/4 cup)|
|300g||dates (pitted) - (approx 16 medjool dates or 1 & 2/3rd cups pitted)|
|190g||date syrup or agave/maple (1/2 cup)|
|2||tbsp melted coconut oil|
|2||tbsp nut butter (optional)|
|2||handfuls of roasted peanuts (no skin)|
|120g||coconut oil (1/2 cup)|
|120g||agave or maple syrup (1/3 cup or 90ml)|
|60g||cacao powder (2/3 cup or 10 tbsp)|
YOU GUYS ALL SEEMED TO LOVE THAT VEGAN KINDER BUENO RECIPE I POSTED TWO DAYS AGO, SO I HAD TO WHIP OUT MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE TWIX BAR RECIPE AND VIDEO!
AN OATY, CRUMBLY BISCUIT BASE, TOPPED WITH A THICK LAYER OF DATE CARAMEL, SPRINKLED WITH PEANUTS AND COVERED IN CHOCOLATE.
- Melt the coconut oil and combine the base ingredients until a dough forms
- Press the dough into a baking tray or tin and place in the freezer whilst you make the caramel
- Blend the caramel ingredients in a food processor until smooth and spread over the base
- Sprinkle roasted skinned peanut halves over the top (2 handfuls), then freeze for 30 minutes whilst you make the chocolate layer
- Melt the coconut oil in a bain marie, stir in the sweetner and cacao powder until you have a smooth glossy chocolate sauce
- Remove the caramel shortbread from the freezer and slice into rectangular bars (I made 7 large bars)
- Dip each bar into the melted chocolate bowl and drizzle over to ensure its fully coated, transferring to a wire rack when finished.
- Leave the bars to solidify at room temperature for 20 minutes and bite in! Refrigerate any remaining bars until consumed!