Prep Time10 Minutes
Cook Time40-50 Minutes
Total Time60 Minutes
|2||tbsp flax egg (2 tbsp flax seeds soaked in 4 tbsp water for 15 minutes)|
|115g||coconut oil (1/2 cup)|
|170g||maple or agave (1/2 cup)|
|120g or 120ml||plant milk (1/2 cup)|
|1/2||tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|2||tsp baking powder|
|155g||oat flour (1 + 3/4 cup)|
|32g||cocoa/cacao powder (1/3 cup)|
|4||tbsp peanut butter|
|80g||choc chips (1/2 cup)|
|3||tbsp peanut butter|
|1||tbsp coconut oil|
Soft and fluffy ultra moist chocolate banana bread with swirls of peanut butter, covered in chocolate chips that melt inside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Soak the flax seeds in water and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and combine all the wet ingredients up to the plant milk (use a blender if lumpy)
- Stir in the flax egg once thick. Add the oat flour and raising agents in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Once the batter is smooth, split the batter into 2 bowls. In 1 bowl add the cocoa powder, and the other stir in the peanut butter.
- Line a loaf baking tray, and spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate mix into tin, followed by 2 tbsp of peanut butter mix. Keep alternating until you run out of mix. Then cover with chocolate chips
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes and slice. Once cool drizzle in extra peanut butter topping.
- This is my favourite ever banana bread recipe! You NEEEEED to try this!
- It’s super easy, only 1 bowl needed, and made with simple kitchen cupboard ingrediens.
- I love this warm, fresh out of the oven and drizzled in a little extra peanut butter. The texture is heaven, and the choco peanut butter swirls just melt in your mouth! You can swap peanut butter for any nut butter
- Beetroot isn’t necessary for this recipe but works as a beautiful pink natural colouring, a fibre boost to your breakfast and a great source of folic acid!