Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|180g||(1 cup) Red Split Lentils|
|1||Garlic Clove, minced|
|1/4||tsp Cumin/coriander powder|
|1/2||tsp Paprika or smoked paprika powder|
|1/4||tsp chilli powder|
|2||handfuls peas (frozen)|
|2||tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice|
|1||tbsp Oil (for frying)|
An excuse for a 2nd round of pancakes today, but savoury for dinner time. Cheating here as this is my mum's recipe but it's so delicious so I had to share! You can throw in any vegetables of your choice!
- Soak the lentils in water overnight (or 8 hours)
- Drain the lentils and add to a blender / food processor with the water. Blend until you have a smooth batter. If you find you need more water, add 1-2 tbsp as needed. If your batter is too runny add 1-2tbsp of chickpea/gram flour
- Add the spices and vegetables into the mixture and stir in until fully combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, and then add 4 tablespoons of the batter to the pan.
- Cook for around 2 minutes on each side. When it bubbles, flip it. Remove pancakes from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve with coconut yogurt, chutney, curry or even alone!