Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
Cheese (7 wheels)
|156g||(5 ½ oz) raw cashews|
|740ml||(25 oz) water, divided|
|56g||(2 oz) tahini|
|3||tbsp (1 ½ oz) lemon juice|
|1||oz coconut oil, plus extra to grease|
|3||tbsp nutritional yeast|
|1||tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)|
|1||tsp garlic powder|
|¼||tsp smoked paprika|
|⅛||tsp turmeric powder|
|1||tbsp agar-agar powder|
I couldn't make up my mind on which recipe to post here. My homemade gluten free, grain free bread, the vegan cheese wheels or my homemade jam compote?! Or all 3 on a cheese platter, and sandwiched together into a delicious bite of vegan heaven *Homer Simpson drool*. I don't want to confuse you so here is my cheese wheel recipe and I'll post the others in my stories 🤤 on @PriBakes
- Place cashews into a bowl and cover in 415ml (14 oz) boiling water. Let sit covered for 30 minutes, then drain cashews and discard water.
- Place drained cashews, 90 ml (3 oz) fresh water, tahini, lemon juice, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, Dijon, salt, garlic powder, paprika and turmeric into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place 235ml (8 oz) boiling water and agar agar powder into a sauce pan and heat for 4 minutes, allowing mixture to boil for 1 full minute. Meanwhile, lightly grease a muffin tin for the wheel.
- Add agar agar mixture to reserved cashew mixture in the food processor and blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Transfer to greased moulds and refrigerate until set (approx. 1 hr.). Unmold by sliding a silicone spatula around edge of moulds. Roll edge of cheese wheel in mixed herbs and place onto a serving board. Serve with crackers, jam, sliced apples and grapes