Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|1.5||tsp baking powder|
|3||tbsp lemon juice|
|3||tbsp cacao powder|
Weekends are for fluffy, soft marble loaf cakes with swirls of chocolatey goodness. The perfect excuse to have dessert for breakfast or tea time. Try this warm, fresh out of the oven with a chocolate drizzle or plain with a cup of tea as an afternoon treat 😋
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line your pan with baking paper
- Make the base batter by adding all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined
- In a measuring jug, add the milk and lemon. Stir and then pour into the dry mixture, followed by the remaining wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Split the batter into two bowls evenly. Add the chocolate batter mixture to one bowl and leave the other plain. Add 20ml of milk to the plain bowl if it starts to dry out. 5. For the marble effect/swirl, drizzle 2 tbsp of plain batter into your tray, followed by 2 tbsp choco batter on top of it with a different spoon, then again the plain batter, etc until no batter is left.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes. Leave to cool and serve with a vegan chocolate spread 🤤