Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
BASE (makes 6)
|62g||coconut oil (melted)|
|62g||agave syrup or maple|
|2||tbsp coconut sugar|
|400g||pitted dates (medjool)|
|6||tbsp tapioca flour (or cornstarch)|
|Pinch of salt|
Our tiny pocket sized pies blown up and baked in the oven. A crumbly oat base, filled with pecan date caramel, topped with lots of crushed pecan nuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt the coconut oil and mix the base ingredients in a bowl until you have a sticky dough
- Line a baking tray and press the dough into a baking tray and up the edges
- Blend the filling ingredients excluding the pecans until smooth and stir in half the pecan nuts
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and top with remaining pecans
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the toppings are golden. Cool, refrigerate, serve. I like my warm with a scoop of icecream.