Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|95g||white rice flour|
|100g||coconut cream (thick white part)|
DESSERT FOR DINNER? YES PLEASE 🥟 WHAT DO YOU SAY WE DIM SUM LIGHTS AND DEVOUR THESE CHOCO MOLTEN LAVA XIAO LONG BAO?
- For the wrappers, combine all ingredients and knead to form a sticky dough
- Roll the dough into a log and divide into 8 equal portions
- Flour a flat surface, and roll out each ball as soon as possible
- For the filling, melt the chocolate, stir it into the coconut cream and refrigerate until slightly firm (10-15 minutes)
- Scoop one teaspoon of filling into each wrapper
- Dip your fingers in warm water and dab the edges off the dumpling wrapper
- Wrap the dumplings using a method of your choice (pinch together one edge with your index finger and thumb to make a pleat, and use your remaining fingers to make the rest of the pleats until the wrapper closes in)
- Line your bamboo steamer with baking paper
- Fill a pan with boiling water so it's just below your first tray of dumplings (in the bamboo steamer) and steam the dumplings for 7-8 minutes
- Leave to cool for 30 seconds to 1 minute before biting in! We ate these xiao long Bao style with a spoon and chopsticks as the chocolate oozes out as soon as you bite in. Enjoy!