Prep Time15 Minutes
Cook Time30 Minutes
Total Time45 Minutes
|1||tbsp melted coconut oil|
|155ml||plant milk (1/2 cup)|
|50g||coconut sugar (1/4 cup)|
|180g||gluten free self raising flour (1 + 1/3 cup)|
|1/2||tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|1/4||tsp baking powder|
|Pinch of salt|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|250g||powdered monkfruit sugar or icing sugar|
I WAS CRAVING THESE HOT AND FLUFFY DONUTS. PERFECT FOR A COZY EVENING IN WITH A CUP OF TEA 🤤 YOU'LL ONLY NEED 7 INGREDIENTS. SIMPLE, QUICK AND EASY AND FREE FROM ALL THE NASTIES. CRISPY ON THE OUTSIDE, SOFT AND FLUFFY ON THE INSIDE, COVERED IN A SHINY GLAZE. THESE WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!
- Melt the coconut oil, and mix in the milk, aquafaba and coconut sugar
- Add in the remaining ingredients until a dough is formed, it'll be slightly sticky
- Leave your dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pre heat the oil for ~ 5 minutes in deep frying pan
- Remove the dough from the fridge and add an extra 25g of flour (4 tbsp) if still sticky. Roll into small balls (4cm), poke a hole in the centre with your thumb (2cm) and fry on each side for ~ 1 minute until golden
- Cool on paper towels.
- Once cool, dunk into the glaze, leave to set and indulge. Best served warm.